1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enkei Performance EDR9's installed - 15"

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mmcdonal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wish I had known you needed one, I am selling mine.

2. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry about that, I would have been happy to pay retail. Dang. JH takes forever with these things, so I might have gotten it quicker, too. I will post after I install, so maybe someone else will be interested.

3. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Installed the Tanabe FSTB today per HawaiinBuilt's DIY thread. Awesome instructions. They really made the job a snap.

The steering has smoothed out quite a bit with this piece, and with the Plus rear sway bar. After I put on the sway bar, the car was much flatter in the turns, but needed steering input several times per corner to keep it tracking straight. This may also be an affect of the grippier tires, causing the outside front tire to outrun the inner - effectively squeezing the track in the middle of the turn. With the FSTB, no additional steering input is needed in turns now once you settle in to a track, even going on and off the throttle. I tried a lot of long high speed sweepers and shorter around town turns. Very nice, and no tire noise or understeer (so far). I would say the combination of the rear sway bar (where there was none before!) and the FSTB make this into a good, responsive, normal car. Weeeeeelllll worth the money for these upgrades.