1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune Bing Search

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tinkerin, May 27, 2015.

1. Tinkerin

Tinkerin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Anyone else getting a persistent "service not available" error when doing a Bing search on smartphone via Entune app and in vehicle?

2. eeek

eeek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes- me too. Bing was the single item from entune that I consistently used. In fact, I came here to start this very thread. I have to travel today, but will call about it tomorrow.

3. eeek

eeek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Eh, I went ahead and opened a ticket. They've been pretty responsive to that in the past. Here's what I submitted:

Currently, Bing is down, and has been down, for quite some time on both the app & on the phone. The error I get on both is 'the service is currently unavailable. Please try again.' I am bothered because this was the one single app I used on Entune. I've also noticed that many people in the Prius community are also having this same problem. I've tried this on my phone (iPhone 6 Plus) and my wife's (iPhone 5s.) When will it be fixed? Attached is a screenshot of the error.

4. Lutzbone

Lutzbone I play the trombone

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Same issue here. I have a 2015 Prius III with Display Audio Navigation. I barely used Bing at first, but now I strongly prefer it over the native "Find Next" voice command. Bing seems much faster and more accurate/comprehensive in my experience. For the last few weeks, I get as far as entering my search (via voice or typing) before getting "Search provider not available." The phone app is similarly down. Bummer!

Emailed Toyota and got first a phone call and then an email summarizing our conversation. The Toyota rep apologized for the inconvenience and said that this was a known issue, and that they were working on a solution at Toyota HQ. He estimated that the service would be back up in about a week. This was on Tuesday, May 26.

I'll try to remember to post if anything changes. It'd be great if everyone with this issue can do the same! :)

eeek likes this.
  5. breakfast

breakfast Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Bing worked fine for me this morning - Asked via voice for a brand new store that opened less than a month ago, and it found it :)

6. eeek

eeek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ha! And it is working now. I'd like to think my email to Toyota totally fixed it.

breakfast likes this.
  7. eeek

eeek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just got a call from Toyota- it was on their end and it is now fixed.

8. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It happened a few weeks ago and after I emailed it was fixed for a couple days. During this last outage they called me (surprise) and said they needed about a week to permanently fix the issue. As others noted it is now working again.

9. Lutzbone

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Working here too! Fingers crossed that it stays that way for us all!! :)

10. Tinkerin

Tinkerin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for doing all the leg work!

11. Lutzbone

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This problem seems to be back since I updated the ToyotaEntune app on my iPhone 5S to version 1.16.40. Anyone else?

12. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Bing has been replaced by Toyota Destination Search. Bothe the smartphone app and the car's entune need to be updated for the new search to work. The update procedure depends on which infotainment system is in your car. For my Plug-in advanced it was updated via the network. For some it requires downloading the software and using a USB flash drive.