1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune = Horrible

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by cmumford, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Still having problems with entune. Even when hooked up it keeps flashing the last destination and won't stay on long enough to put the new one in. Will read the manual again. Shouldn't be this hard to use. Come on Toyota, get real!

2. ThaSaint

ThaSaint Go Big Blue!

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Not an Iphone user, I have an HTC EVO 3D. So far the only way I can connect to the internet via bluetooth is by activating the bluetooth on my phone AFTER I've turned on the car, then going into the settings of the radio and connecting to the internet. Even after all of that, it will time out once in awhile, disconnect the internet, try to reconnect, and try to turn my phone into a wifi hotspot, which sprint charges extra for, and I'm not paying for. So my phone gives me an error and refuses to connect to the mobile network until I turn bluetooth off. SO AGGRAVATING.

I also wish there was just a way for it to display traffic alerts on the road I'm driving on, instead of forcing me to set an actual destination first then only displaying warnings for the roads the route is taking me onto.

3. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah, the quality setting helped a lot, but seriously, I just play pandora on my phone via bluetooth, since Entune takes like 10 minutes to connect to net then connect to pandora then load my stations etc etc

I find myself having to sit in the car for 5-10 minutes to manual enter the entire physical address of my destination - which I had to use Maps on my Iphone4 to get - and then to wait for pandora to come on and pick my station and all, when I do try to ACTUALLY USE THE FEATURES OF MY CAR THAT I PAID FOR. LOL. Half the time I just use maps still =[ (Which is also crummy now on the last update...)

It's pretty much the worst thing ever, if i had it to do over again I might not have opted for the nav/entune... I just think it's pretty... lol.

ALSO!!! 1. Why the HECK does the car with built in pandora not have voice command options for pandora!!! 2. Bing is horrible - I understand that google is cutting off all of their contracts so that they can push their own recently launched operating system but seriously everyone, Bing is NOT a suitable replacement. When I try to use the Bing search in the car I get maybe 1/3-1/2 of the actual locations, for instance I live across the street from a Ross and the first result I get is about 10 miles away!! 3. Why do they have text/email options if they have no intention of allowing us to use them?!

I'm pretty dissatisfied.

ALSO! If/When any/many/all of you buy the update (since not only do we have this horrible Entune system but they charge us for the latest horrible update about $200 every year!!!) I hope some of you will make the disks available on a torrent site - like The Pirate Bay - since if there was anything that deserved to be illegally downloaded those discs SURE qualify.

LAST THING! I might invest in this and more of you may find it helpful - it makes your Nav not know when you're in motion - so you don't get locked out of most options while driving!!!
    Beat-Sonic Navigation and DVD Bypass Module
    For those - like me - who think they can handle entering an address while pulling out of their driveway! lol.

4. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Oh yeah!!! I forgot to complain about that one! What kind of crummy system doesn't know how to volume manage?!?! She should speak more quietly when interupting calls and the music should play a bit more quietly when she has something to say. These are really easy concepts to understand... but nooooo the car just has everything play at the same volume all at once!!! GRRRR.

5. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You summed it up very good. Was gun ho on the Entune but for reasons you mentioned it gets annoying.

Here are the few plus sides.

Using the NAV or Pandora on long trips. I find it usfule for that so I can play with the screen rather my phone on long trips.

Getting the backup camera kit. With out the screen you can forget that really for OEM functionally.

Another thing is the future. With future updates the system will improve and add many things that might be useful in years to come. It may fix a lot of the down falls we are experiencing.

6. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I though I was the only one with the same problem and I was blaming it to the heck service provider.........

7. ThaSaint

ThaSaint Go Big Blue!

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Got a new phone, Galaxy Note II, it's a little better, it doesn't time out as often, and when it does I don't have to reset the bluetooth on my phone, but it still won't auto-connect to bluetooth audio and internet, have to do that through the settings. SO ANNOYING!