1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune = Horrible

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by cmumford, Apr 1, 2012.

1. bobsully

bobsully Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Pretty much ditto with our new Prius C. Entune has never gotten back we us, but my Blackberry 9900 seems to be suffering the company's same indifference as that of the iPhone. I finally was able to get it to connect if I used a USB cable (what an ugly hassle that would be) I say would be, as for now I am just not going to attempt to use it, as it is far too awkward.

I too set the map to 2-D so I could read and follow it. I have a Prius 3 '08 and I much prefer its screen on this smaller one. It also get a horrible reflection off if it during the day.

2. secondspassed

secondspassed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I pretty much was also very underwhelmed with Entune until I decided to shell out for a 5gb iPhone data plan with tethering from AT&T. There are definitely still quirks and bugs but overall it's pretty nice not having to open the Entune app or take my phone out of my pocket to use the Internet-dependent features of the head unit.

I also have a Kindle Fire which now can be mobile, and I stream music in the car all the time using audiogalaxy and pandora so I already got close to my 2gb limit on a regular basis. All things considered it made sense for me but I'm sure it makes less sense for a lot of other people.

3. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have run Pandora for 14 hour trips and it hardly uses much data. If it was run daily for that long all month, I could see it bumping the top on the ATT 2 gig plan. It only costs 10 bucks more for another gig of data so not really a cost issue :)

Mike

4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Jailbrake :p

Mike

5. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hopefully Toyota will send out some nav updates

6. WX4GPS

WX4GPS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am very happy with my base stock radio in the Prius c II, it works great with the iPhone 4, streaming audio or handsfree. However that said, I got a Venza as a rental after my accident, and that had a radio, and I could not get it to connect with the iPhone handsfree at all after 2 hours and two different people going through the instructions, there was no options for entunes on this vehicle. So I'm hoping that have firmware updates for those experiencing difficulties. I'm not sure if Entunes will offer updates via usb or if you have to visit a dealership. So I think Toyota is hit or miss on each slightly different version of there radio that comes out.

7. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Ron :)

de Mike WE0H ..

8. EVOX

EVOX New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Anyone have the new HTC one S from Tmobile? I want to make sure it's compatible with Entunes before upgrading my phone. I checked the entune site and it's not listed yet which is expected since it is a new phone. Anyone have suggestions on the best smartphone that Tmobile offers?

9. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Entune = Incredible hehe A lot to read through but just to share my experience so far im impressed with the voice commands. From calling people on my phone book to playing artists and songs all by voice! I was looking for a coffee shop by name and it found it all with my voice and mapped it off of Bing search. Sure it makes errors but what system is perfect? All in all amazing leap in technology for me.

1 person likes this.
  10. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    oh wow i didn't know you could do voice commands for the music! or nav! I did place some calls and it only messed up once! its quite impressive i don't know why it gets so much hate.

11. priusCpilot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Honestly I also thought bad things of it at first because I didn't know how to use it haha. After I learned some stuff I got the hang of it better. Still more stuff I don't know yet and need to learn. You can ask to find anything you want and it finds and guides you to it. I need to see if there is a way to show on the map when you ask to find something so I can chose which location I want rather then it showing a list and distance.

12. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What color is your Sky RL? My wife has a Yellow '08 Sky RL & I have a '06 Ion RL Competition :)

Mike

13. priusCpilot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Oh cool! Mine is Black with Red. The Sky will be with me permanently. That's going to be one of those cars that will look amazing even after 30 years. I plan on doing a factory quality leather dash and door panel done like a Italian sports car. Nicely stitched tastefully and all! Something on my mind to do down the road.

1 person likes this.
  14. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Do you know how to cancel a route when you are trying to do gps and you then change your mind or know you where are going once you get to a certain point

15. HaveNoCents

HaveNoCents Conservative Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hit the options button in the lower right hand corner and then select stop guidance. There is no way to do it verbally on any 2012.

16. moezer2112

moezer2112 Futurist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Unless you ask your passenger to perform the steps you listed above...

never mind :rolleyes:

17. priusCpilot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If you say " Cancel Route" would that work?

18. HaveNoCents

HaveNoCents Conservative Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I doesn't on my Prius v.

19. chesleyn

chesleyn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    For those of you having address book sync issues with the iPhone watch this video:

1 person likes this.
  20. knckdwntxt

knckdwntxt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Has anyone had their Entune traffic data cut out on them? I have an Iphone 4s going through a cable to my PIP and I used to get traffic data. But suddenly this stopped working. The sports data also cut out. The ipod, weather, stocks work though.

What could be the problem?