1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune update added Slacker Radio to 2012 Prius v Five/ATP !

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Offline, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I was very surprised - no, stunned - when an Entune update added a Slacker Radio app to our 2012 Prius v Five/ATP this evening. I had given up on Toyota's stated commitment to add apps when Entune was originally introduced.

The update took about five minutes. I assume that it was done through my Android phone connected to our home wireless network.

I already had a Slacker account so it took only a few seconds to link it on the Entune website. I had to restart Entune on my Android phone before Slacker would work on the Prius head unit. The Entune Slacker interface seems good but it will take me a while to evaluate it since I don't usually drive the Prius. My Slacker channels and song history now show on the Entune screen.

Anyway ... I am very surprised that Toyota finally came through on its promise to add apps to the original Entune. Who knows .. maybe we will get Yelp and Facebook next?

2. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'd love Waze... but that will never happen.

/Jim

G Man v5 likes this.
  3. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Waze is wonderful...But you are probably correct. We are a long long waze before Toyota gets a clue about Navigation!