1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune update: Beware!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by parnami, Jul 11, 2012.

1. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Entune is a free update. Bend over for the Nav update or use your phone for free updated GPS ;)

Mike

Mobile on my SGH-i717

2. bathala

bathala Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    After escalating, I finally got someone to confirm to me that it's a free update. He spoke with the Service Manager who said the firmware update is free. Like everyone I spoke before, they kept thinking that I want to upgrade the maps. Unfortunately, you can't say firmware update without mentioning the nav otherwise they'll ask, "for what?" Service Manager took care of it personally and now it's done - at no charge. (y)

WE0H and ftl like this.
  3. eliotb

eliotb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    A question for those of you very familiar with Entune. I have a 10-day-old '13 Prius Five. I work for the Feds and have a government-issue Blackberry Bold with Verizon service. I have on occassion been able to get the phone to sync with the car via bluetooth. (i also have it synched with a device that feeds cell service directly into my hearing aids). On the occassions when I can get my hearing aid system offline to permit a bluetooth connection between the Blackberry and the phone, would it be possible then for me to use the Entune system? I cannot get the Entune Blackberry application loaded into my phone for security purposes, just as I cannot load my Blackberry contacts list into the phone. Any thoughts appreciated.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    ^^^
    AFAIK, none of the Entune stuff works without a supporting app being installed on the phone. Simple BT connection allows only phone and music capability.

5. nklb

nklb Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There are ways to get it to work without the apps being installed on the phone.

That being said, I'm not sure this is possible with a blackberry. Those phones are rather odd in how they access the internet, requiring a BIS server. I'm not sure whether or not Entune can work through that without the app, but it can on Android.

6. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Only the 6.1 system can get around using Entune. As far as I know the 7.1 system must use Entune which is a joke to get working on a daily basis :( If anyone has found a fix for the 7.1 system I would love to hear it.

Mike

7. nklb

nklb Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    even if you can't get other workarounds to function, you could still put your phone in wifi hotspot mode and have the headunit connect through that without needing the entune app.

8. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How do you do that with the 7.1 system? There is no page to input network info :(

Mike

9. nklb

nklb Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    WE0H likes this.
  10. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep 7.1 = HD ;) I think that was my only choice buying the solar Four Prius. I don't use the NAV and learned to use the Aux input and look at my phone for the music info. Maybe some day I will go with a real head unit [​IMG]

Mike

11. eliotb

eliotb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks to all re Entune and Blackberry. I guess I will just let this option sit until I get closer to retirement and get a smart phone. With a government-provided Blackberry that I can use for personal calls I have no need to spend another $1,000 a year, plus or minus, to have another phone.

12. Chris S

Chris S Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm taking my '12 in next week for the latest update, never had it and no iPod will connect anymore, "function not available" comes up instead. I also can no longer stream Bluetooth from the iPhone. The dealer said they may swap the Display Audio radio but I still may not have the update in it and they want $29.95 for the update. Does this sound right? In experience, I really believe it's just a software issue. I'm worried that even they don't know what they're talking about. I'd like to think that by now Toyota would get the Entune squared away.

13. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota could push out beta updates and ask for feedback but it seems they don't care and just push out broken updates.

A Rosen head unit is on my to do list...

Mike

Mobile on my SGH-i717

14. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    something is wrong here.
    Bring your apple device into the dealership and see that it works on a similar system.
    the 2.2.0 update is free, it shouldn't cost u

15. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Looks like U have the Entune with HDD version.
    unfortunately for that system U need entune to run on your phone to access data service.
    Good news Entune only consist of the apps ie Pandora, Bing; you don't have to worry about contacts, text messages, emails etc. Weather and Fuel prices not getting data from you phone.
    if you don't care for Pandora, sports Apps u don't have to ever use Entune.

For Blackberry u may need to authorize access for the system to download your contacts. There will be a option or pop-up on the phone that asked u to approve the request.

16. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    to your surprise you can entune on DA and Navi option run on Nokia phones.
    U must use the App if you are running entune HDD version.

they run on different technology.

17. Chris S

Chris S Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm debating the same but then I'll have just about converted my Prius Three to a Two and don't want to admit I'll have eaten a ton of money ;-)

WE0H likes this.