1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entunes in Hawaii?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by FreeUs2013, Feb 2, 2013.

1. FreeUs2013

FreeUs2013 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Aloha,
    Here in Hawaii the dealership stated that they are not a part of Toyota USA. The 2013 Prius v that I bought from Toyota Hawaii doesn't not include Entunes ....just the map/nav function, voice function and telephone connection via Bluetooth. This does not make sense to me. I would like to have the full functionality of the car I purchased!
    The current software is version 1.8.4 -- Is this the most current update? The Nav ID is NQNA 2010Q4.. Even that seems to be two years old. Plan to ask the dealer about this but wanted some info from the discussion group first. Any thoughts here will help. Thanks

FreeUs in Honolulu

2. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No, that's really old software. I think the latest is either 2.1 or 2.2? Dealer should have updated it for you before delivery. And no, Hawaii is like Canada and Puerto Rico -> No ENTUNE.

3. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Sorry we also can't have Satellite Radio, or SOS Safety Connect, or options like Lane Keep Assist.

4. takana

takana New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just bought a 2013 Prius Plug-In, signed the papers, wrote a check, etc.....only when all was said and done and I asked how tosign up forEntune was I told, "Oh, we don't get it here in Hawaii!"
    The next day I tried to call Toyota Western Division headquarters and was IMMEDIATELY relayed to Hawaii (the 808 must have shown up) and after some time finally got a guy in (?) upper management who said we are a separate "coountry" or actually entity here, and the mainland was: TOYOTA USA, AND WE WERE TOYOTA HAWAII. Like never the twain shall meet? Anyway, it'sthe same old story: "That's the way it is, always has been, and if you don't like it go back to the mainland!!!!!"

5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Never underestimate the power of distributor agreements and customer be damned. They often go back to when establishing a dealership and service network wasn't something Toyota alone could do so they created separate agreements with people who agreed to fund the network up front in return for exclusive territories. In some cases, it costs the consumer $800-$900 in distributor add-ons that weren't on the original car the Toyota factory produced nor were they something the customer necessarily wanted.