1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Mileage on Full Charge?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by krishkal, Apr 11, 2012.

1. krishkal

krishkal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It will go up if you begin to take trips in which you get more mileage out of a full charge. It will go down if you take more trips in which you do less mileage on a full charge. And it will stay the same if you continue to do trips in which you get 11.2 miles on a full charge. It changes as it learns from past trips to try and give a good guesstimate on what you will actually get. It could say 10 miles but if conditions warrant on a given trip you may get 14.

Mine says 13.9, my dads says 11.4.

3. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It seems the less "stop and go" I do, the higher my EV range estimate goes. At the end of last week, I was showing 11.4. Over the weekend, I had one relatively lengthy stretch on EV (about 7 miles?) without stopping. I also had a 100+ mile drive, saving EV for more efficient use. This past Monday, it was up to 11.9, yesterday and today was 11.8.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Stop and go definitely reduces the estimation. That is what my dad does during his morning routine and his is in the low 11s. I manage to do a good clip of my commute at a steady 35mph and also don't accelerate as aggressively as he has to because I am on the road 5am so there is no one behind me to annoy and mine will soon be estimating 14. I do some weekend driving though and it drops by a few tenths right away because of the stop and go, more traffic, harder starts off lights stops signs etc.

5. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I my experience, the acceleration level (and speed) are the main major factors.

6. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

I had a all time high this morning 14.1. Of course when I got 1/2 mile down the road it was down 2 miles already :)

7. Sandiegomom

Sandiegomom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Mine was 11.4 after work. I drove down the ramps out of the parking garage (and I think the engine may have come on bc the heat got left on but not sure)... and after a bit of stop and go it was up to 12.9! Too funny.

I am a techie, but am totally overwhelmed at the amount of info this car throws at you. My last car was an Accord, no Bluetooth, no screen, basic climate control system... Steep learning curve with this computer on wheels :)