1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Exactly HOW does ur remote start work - help?!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by talkin73, Dec 22, 2010.

1. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i have an installer that was recommended by a reputable source who is telling me that on the 2010 Prius and 2009 ES350 that the ONLY WAY to wire up a Viper remote start (we're looking at SmartStart and 5301, respectively for those 2 cars) would result in the following: Start car remotely, approach car, unlock doors, car TURNS OFF, get inside and turn CAR BACK ON. Does anyone else have a remote start installed, particularly Viper (but any other) and do you have to turn your car off in order to enter the car? With a 2008 Nissan Altima (and the installer said this is different because of a feature Nissan puts in their car) I got into the car and pushed the ignition button twice, then stepped on the brake, doors locked and I drove off.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but if you have a phone call while you're approaching the car, the car automatically picks it up on bluetooth and then will drop the call when the car turns off so kind of a nuisance.

Any clarification on HOW your remote start process works would be much appreciated!:)

2. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V