1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Exide direct replacement 12 V battery for Smart Key models FOUR YEAR FREE REPLACEMENT

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 93dawg, Sep 13, 2014.

1. 93dawg

93dawg Junior Member

SW WASHINGTON the real Washington (Bought 08/15/14
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This Exide 12V battery is an exact replacement for 2004 - 2012 hatchback Prii if you have the smart key model .

Exide Edge FP-AGM51JIS Flat Plate AGM Group Size S46B24R

4 YEAR FREE REPLACEMENT!!! Exide is so confident about this battery that they have given a 4 year free replacement for it

#1 93dawg, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    bisco likes this.
  2. 93dawg

93dawg Junior Member

SW WASHINGTON the real Washington (Bought 08/15/14
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I do believe the battery in the Prii that aren't smart key are a little smaller. But this battery will still fit the hole where the battery goes. So if you were to try this battery in non smart key cars you may have to change the hold down brackets. Would somebody who knows more about this chime in please.

3. Tom Normand

Tom Normand Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I have three Gen 2 Prius models (2005, 2007, 2009). The first one doesn’t have the SKS system and I discovered long ago that the 12V battery for non-SKS models is smaller than for the SKS models. My experience was that the smaller battery was more expensive by about $50, so I bought the larger battery and modified the battery carrier to accommodate the larger battery. Basically I beat it with a 5lb hammer until it was flat then put it in my bench vise and bent it to the right size. Then I re-painted it with spray paint. It’s been working fine for many years. I’ll see if I can find some photos I took.

don_chuwish and bisco like this.