1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally, I Got the USED Ebay Fob Fully Programmed to my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AbuS3ood, Nov 23, 2010.

1. AbuS3ood

AbuS3ood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

After hundreds of tries, spending several hours to force the used key i got from Ebay to be programmed to my car, I FINALLY DID IT, thanks go a Nigerian friend called Taiwo, and the members RobH and qbee42 for their collaboration.

Tools Required:
    1. Toyota TechStream Software.
    2. Compatible Cable (I Used Mongoose MFC).
    3. Some one to give you the Seed Reset Code (Toyota Security Professional Subscriber or ICC Immo Code Calculator Software Owner)

Steps:

1. Get your FOB ( that you want to add) programmed to start the car,Which is the Immobilizer Ecu Part, you can do it by TechStream or following the manual steps mentioned in the forum,
    2. from TechStream, select Smart Key ECU, select Utilities and then chose Smart Key Reset, this will erase all smart keys registered to your car and give you the ability to register TWO USED FOBS,this step will require the Seed Reset Number, the Operation will take 16 minutes to reset the ECU.

3.After the reset, from the Smart Key ECU menu, select Register Smart Key ( or smth like this)

I did that on three Priuses (2006 and 2005) and worked fine with me.

2 people like this.
  2. himmatwala

himmatwala Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I can follow the first 2 steps but the 3sd. I do not know any Toyota security professional. Any help appreciated!

Thanks

3. AbuS3ood

AbuS3ood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i buy it for 10$ from some1, but beware, any mistake u do u'll get a new seed !

4. project_tl

project_tl Junior Member

I am assuming that you did a SKS? Where do you get the techstream software?

Thanks!

5. AbuS3ood

AbuS3ood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    yes sure its SKS, the non-SKS can be programmed without any tools,PM me if u need techstream but u'll need compatible cable and Security Professional account to get seed key.

6. musketeer

musketeer New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for this info.Been searching the net for so long looking for some one who will say he has done it like this.Not dealer or some Big company.This is very encouraging.Pls i need this Techstream i am willing to pay for it i am new here i dont know how to P.M you and where can i get the Mongoose MFC thing? Waiting for your reply.Thank you

7. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you are trying to program a used smart key to have all functions work, you need Techstream w/Security Professional + Mongoose MFC. The barest minimum is $550 for the tool and a two day subscription to Techstream, or pay $1300 to get Techstream for 1 year and the Mongoose tool at a discount. You also need to be a licensed locksmith in order to be able to call Toyota and pay $40 for a seed reset. Please read http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...rius-smart-key-programming-4.html#post1280979

If you are trying to program a new key, you still need Techstream + Mongoose MFC, for at least $550.

1 person likes this.
  8. AbuS3ood

AbuS3ood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  9. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2 people like this.
  10. Jorge P

Jorge P Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have a Prius gen 2 (2008) Only one key fob which I have used for a couple of years to drive the car by putting it on the key slot. I open the door with the physical metal key. Recently, I installed a new 3V. battery on the fob, activated the sks with the switch (under the dashboard) in the out position, but none of the wireless functions works... I know the car has the feuture. I remeber unlocking/locking the doors with the keybob... Not sure if the remaining fob is the master or spare... I had two initially. Lost one about 5 years ago... I am trying the "chicken dance" but with only one key, I guees is not the right "tool" I dont get the car to give me any feedback "lock/unlock" after attempting "reprogramming" The only thing I notice is the red lock icon some times flashing or steady.... Any suggestions? My goal os to get two keys fully functional. Or at least one. Thanks!

11. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry but without a fully working fob, a trip to a security authorized locksmith or the dealer is most likely required.

PS Because of your question and mention of the "Chicken Dance", I have assumed you don't have the equipment and/or skill to attempt the procedure that is the subject of this thread, hence my advice above.

#11 dolj, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Jorge P likes this.
  12. Jorge P

Jorge P Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Thanks, I am thinking it could be one if the sensors in the car. The key is probably good. I think this key did work fully SKS at one point in time. Each of the buttons in the key activates the key's tiny red light when pressed. Also, I find weird that the "Smart Key Status" read from the ecu with my OBDII Torque Pro. is allways ON regardless of the switch possition - in or out (under the dashboard).. By the way, after I sutdown the car and lock it, I can see through the window, the red anti theft "key lock icon" goes staedy for about 40 secs then stays blincking... Not sure if this is the normal "behavior"

True, I don't have the equipment nor the knowledge or accsees to Toyota's security site for full security programing of the key.

#12 Jorge P, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2020