Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

First few days with my new 2012 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen III 2010+ Prius Main Forum' started by kstephens, Mar 2, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. kstephens

kstephens New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I love this car!! It is my first totally new car ever - so that is a big part of it, but I truly love everything about it. I look forward to driving now. It is almost like a video game, as my entire goal is to maximize MPG. I have two year old (almost three) twins, and they enjoy it as well. I was coming from a 2010 tacoma 4 door. It really was a tight fit for two car seats in the back seat of the truck - but with the prius we all have plenty of room.

I went with the Prius three, silver with dark gray interior. The entune connect is awesome. I am learning a ton from this site and you all - So I thought I would drop in and say Hi, and thanks for the great info. I will post some pics soon.
  2. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Congrats on the new purchase. I am sure you will continue to be impressed for a long time.
    1 person likes this.
  3. dalspot

dalspot One foot off the grid

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats! We just brought our 2012 FOUR in Sea Glass Pearl home tonight. I decided I was in love with the car after about 8 miles! So glad I chose the '12 over the '11.
    1 person likes this.
  4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations to both of you. May the love for your new car never fade. After 2.5 years I still enjoy getting in the car every morning.
    1 person likes this.
  5. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know how you feel. We just passed our 1 year mark & we still love our 10 Prius. We got such a smoking deal on the 10 when the 11's came out that we couldn't pass it up. And since the 11's didn't have any real changes over the 10 it was a no brainer. :D
    1 person likes this.
  6. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Funny how u described it perfectly the way how I try to explain it to freinds & others who "don't get why u drive a prius", I say "it's fun kinda like a video game" & they all give me that blank stare as in what r u talking about. Oh well, some people will never get it;). BTW, :welcome: & congrats.
  7. 2sk21

2sk21 Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

Well said - the phrase "fun to drive" has an entirely different meaning in a Prius than in a regular car. As a new owner, I was entranced by the energy display and I still turn it on occasionally for fun.
  8. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Congrats to you too! I brought my 2012 Winter Grey home on Monday. The Prius is an easy car to fall in love with. For me I didn't even look at the 2012's at first, only after a bad trade offer at the first dealership did I go off to Carmax Toyota and got my new ride from them. So glad that I things worked out the way they did. The 2012 was only $1200 more; well worth it for the improved interior, the BT, and the DRLs.
  9. stream

stream Senior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.