1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Prius purchase - Student Life

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Vgndude, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Vgndude

Vgndude New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hello ya'll!

I am excited to be part of the forums and more excited to share with you that I have purchased my first vehicle and made it a Prius C One (Grey). I am starting my 3rd year in college and commute about 120 miles round-trip daily (M-F). I live in the greater Los Angeles area and traffic is hell on earth. I will definitely be adding some heavy mileage on this baby. I am a cautious driver that drives like a grandpa on the freeway (65 MPH MAX).

One of the main reasons for purchasing this vehicle was the great MPG and eco-friendly driving. Any advice about caring for my car, fun stuff, adding features [I didn't get cruise control :sad:]? I already read the forum for n00bies on what I should know about a Prius. I will start school August 24th...get ready little Prius C!!

Attached Files:

2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Congratulations on the new car!
    Having commuted in the past like that for work here, get the hang of a very light foot early and then don't obsess over the mpg, especially while you're driving. Between school and the drive you have way too much stress already. Just enjoy your Prius.

Vgndude likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! all the best with your education and new c!(y)

Vgndude likes this.
  4. Vgndude

Vgndude New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thank you strellium234 and bisco for the welcome!

strellium234 - I can see myself doing that when I begin my long commutes. I already try to squeeze out the best out of my Prius C, thus far. I'm pretty sure once I begin school and freak out with assignments being due, then I'll stop obsessing over the MPG.