1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fixing CD storage box below radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nergee, Oct 13, 2015.

1. nergee

nergee New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Greetings..

The little storage box in my 2006 Prius no longer stays closed as the little plastic tab on the door that goes into latch has broken off. The door will close, but just flops back open. It's annoying and I know someday something is going to bump into it and bust the whole thing off.

In my car, this box has a transparent black face that perfectly matches the CD changer above it.

Since I do not know exactly what this is called, I am having trouble finding information about how to replace or fix it.

Has anyone else had to repair this part of the interior and have suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    use Velcro or pull one from a Prius in a salvage yard

3. nergee

nergee New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Velcro is a good suggestion. Since the normal operation is to push it for it to pop open, I'm not sure how I could pull it open. I had though that a magnet might also be a solution.

One of the problems with finding a replacement salvage is knowing exactly what the part is called. Any ideas?