1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FM Reception - can't listen to radio in Laguna Beach

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rrolff, Nov 17, 2009.

1. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's been reported that the radio reception is poor (unless you are in the middle of a big city) - but this takes the cake... We went to Laguna Beach - a cute city in So Cal... Every other car I have driven gets a decent signal on the main stations. My poor Prius pulled so much static, I couldn't listen to FM at all. AM was not much better (which is surprising).

Sad.....

2. sshaw10

sshaw10 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe you replaced your HU, did you evaluate FM reception prior to replacing your HU? Only offering a remote suggestion, so many have reported poor FM also. I'm getting a II and doing my own HU and I had hoped the FM might improve with a new HU but perhaps not.

3. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am currently running the stock package II HU from Toyota...

4. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your Prius obviously doesn't like the radio stations you want to listen too. Maybe you should get another Prius that appreciates your taste in music.

Keith

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LOL.

rrolff, why start another thread on this issue? Just curious, did you contact Toyota (owner survey, website, etc.) about this problem? That will be the best way to get this issue resolved, at least for future models.