1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Brand New California HOV CLean Air Stickers

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by priuscarpoolstickerguy, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. priuscarpoolstickerguy

You want them, I've got them. I purchased them LEGALLY from DMV for my 2005 Prius. I totalled the car before I had a chance to use them. Luckily no one was injured in the accident. The stickers are brand new and are still adhered to the original DMV "3M" sticker paper. They have never been peeled off the original packaging. They have been kept in the original DMV envelope and show ZERO signs of wear - they haven't even been folded in half. The first person to pay me $500.00 in cash gets them. These stickers are the real deal. I work in Sacramento and can arrange to meet in person.

$500.00 cash only
    Call me
    209-304-9077 Aaron

**Disclaimer** This sale is for the actual DMV issued "ACCESS OK CALIFORNIA CLEAN AIR VEHICLE" stickers. They are only legally allowed to be placed on the Prius I registered them for. Since I no longer have the Prius, I am selling them strictly as historical DMV articfacts. I will NOT be held liable if they are illegally placed on a vehicle as this would be illegal **if** you were caught.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Your disclaimer to the contrary notwithstanding, I believe this is an illegal offer. Do you have any bootleg Prius repair manuals on CD you could sell too?

3. priuscarpoolstickerguy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 25 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]450272[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry to disappoint you, Bill. By the way, where did you get your law degree; Harvard or Yale?

I have nothing illegal to sell, nor am I a thief. Nothing in my advertisement has been 'bootlegged' - quite to the contrary, these (4) brand new California DMV CLEAN AIR VEHICLE stickers were LEAGALLY purchased from DMV by me. I have the original DMV receipt I will include to the lucky person who wishes to purchase them from me. They are LEGAL to possess by myself or anyone else for that matter - as long as they are not placed on a vehicle other than the white 2005 Prius they are registered to. If you believe they are illegal to possess, please provide me and the other readers with the applicable California Vehicle Code section you are quoting from. Otherwise, please don't attempt to play late night computer chair attorney as it clearly doesn't suit you.

Good Day, sir.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Try eBay.

We know we can't use them.

(I only paid $8 for mine.)

5. priuscarpoolstickerguy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ May 25 2007, 10:49 PM) [snapback]450284[/snapback]</div>

I paid $8 for mine as well, but I've heard they are quite difficult to come by now adays. I've had four offers already since posting these for sale a few hours ago. The highest offer was $325. I'm holding out for more.

6. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Aaron,
    I believe DMV treats those stickers much like the license plates on vehicles.
    At some point in near future, you will receive a letter from DMV asking you the
    whereabout of the stickers. What do you plan to reply to DMV?

I know because I got two sets of stickers due to duplicate applications for stickers
    in very early days. I returned my 2nd set immediately after I got them. 6 months
    later, DMV asked me what had happened to the stickers.... 6 months later!!!!
    They (DMV) are not known for being efficient, but they will get to you.

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ceric @ May 26 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]450295[/snapback]</div>
    Yes they do treat the stickers much like driver licenses and plates. They are a form of government issued identification, not personal property to be sold at will to the highest bidder. <_<
    The law is that the stickers stay with the car, and since he no longer has the car, he should have either kept quiet until they expired - if he wanted to keep them as "historical DMV articfacts" - or returned them to the DMV. They no longer legally belong to Aaron because he no longer owns the car for which they were issued.

Maybe Aaron should revisit the application form for obtaining the stickers . . .
    http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg1000.pdf
    . . . and pay close attention to the area just above his signature where he consented to receive service of process. :eek:

415.20. (a) In lieu of personal delivery of a copy of the summons
    and complaint to the person to be served as specified in Section
    416.10, 416.20, 416.30, 416.40, or 416.50, a summons may be served by
    leaving a copy of the summons and complaint during usual office
    hours in his or her office or, if no physical address is known, at
    his or her usual mailing address . . .

http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/code/getco...0/415.10-415.95

Not only did Aaron sign the consent, he was kind enough to positively identify himself by posting his name and telephone here on PriusChat. :wacko:
    Now the DMV doesn't need to waste time asking Danny for that information - like they had to ask Ebay for that attempted sale.

HEY DMV . . . look below . . . . ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaronataylor @ May 25 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]450263[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, my bet is a few days tops till the DMV sends Aaron a nastygram. :lol:

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to close this thread. I believe the OP should return these stickers to the DMV. We don't promote illegal sales at PC and won't be held liable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.