1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forbes: In Mississippi, Toyota Tests Radical Redesign For Factories And Itself

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Jun 29, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    In Mississippi, Toyota Tests Radical Redesign For Factories And Itself - Forbes

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hoping the next gen Prius would be built there.

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I will still prefer the Japanese made Toyotas. The NUMMI Corolla that my Dad had, contained a lot of GM parts. The battery did not last long, at all.

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    have you actually driven a mississippi corola?

Do you actually know the difference in corolas made in the same year in different places? You should be able to find japanese, canadian, and mississippi corolas from recent times, before the plant got up to speed. There is no indication that the US made corola is any worse. The paining process in the new US plant is more modern, so in a decade we can see if the paint fades more or less. We do know the US made corola's cost toyota less per unit if the exact same parts are used.

The japanese built prius I have had premature premature battery death as well. Are you sure you just aren't prejudiced against north american workers. To sell a japanese produced car for the same price, the japanese automakers have to use cheaper parts or reduce profits. The exchange rates and labor prices were the opposite in the '80s. You may still be living in those days instead of 2012.

Trollbait likes this.