1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forbes: More People Are Buying Hybrid Cars. So Why Won't They Stick With Them?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by massparanoia, Apr 24, 2012.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    True, I agree.

I read somewhere that most people, even when satisfied with their vehicles usually don't elect to buy the same vehicle twice.

I'd say as far as ICE vehicles in my life that has been true. Especially this last change I made.

My Honda Accord was actually a fantastic vehicle, but when time to buy came around? I kind of wanted something significantly- different just for the change.

I would be interested what the percentages are for ALL vehicles. My guess is Prius would be above the average as far as repeat loyalty.

2. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok,

So read the link above the one with all the UN "right wing kooks"

Here is it again: Scientific Assessment of Ozone Depletion 2006

Scientific Assessment of Ozone Depletion 2006

Also, see the prior post for what I mean by "meaningful"

Again you respond with some more state BS about CFL lightbulbs, when I am talking GLOBAL.

The states can have all the partisan squabbling they want. The left is just as bad as the right. All this hot air amongst the states is just political posturing. Waste of oxygen.

Here is a direct quote in case you are too bored to read it all, or you think perhaps the NOAA is full of right wing kooks too.

Q16: ​
    Has the Montreal Protocol been successful in reducing ozone-depleting gases in the

atmosphere?

Yes, as a result of the Montreal Protocol, the total abundance of ozone-depleting gases in the atmosphere
    has begun to decrease in recent years. If the nations of the world continue to follow the provisions of the
    Montreal Protocol, the decrease will continue throughout the 21​
    st century. Some individual gases, such as
    halons and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), are still increasing in the atmosphere but will begin to
    decrease in the next decades if compliance with the Protocol continues. Around midcentury, the effective
    abundance of ozone-depleting gases should fall to values that were present before the Antarctic “ozone

hole” began to form in the early 1980s.

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Your post, I believe ? (my bolding)
    Anyway, show me a state where the left-wing kooks are trying to legislate pollution ad-libitum.

4. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You make zero sense. Who cares about partisan squabbling over whether or not arizona can use a certain light bulb in a building.

My point is that global cooperation is what makes a difference.

My point is that apparently in 1989, people put aside their petty (ie light bulbs and drilling for oil in alaska) crap, and created a landmark piece of GLOBAL legislation. GLOBAL GLOBAL GLOBAL GLOBAL. And it has had GLOBAL positive environmental impact.

And it hasn't happened since.

And you can gather all of the news stories about petty bickering over petty things, and throw around all of the fancy latin words you want, but until liberals stop being liberals, and conservatives stop being conservatives nothing is going to change on a GLOBAL level.

GLOBAL GLOBAL GLOBAL GLOBAL GLOBAL GLOBAL GLOBAL GLOBAL

5. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  6. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  7. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Read the AZ bill again. From the article: "A final legislative vote is expected Monday on a bill that would outlaw government support of any of the 27 principles contained in the 1992 United Nations Rio Declaration on Environment and Development, also sometimes referred to as Agenda 21."

This is not one politician seeking attention, it is a bill expected to pass.

8. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You need to go past left and right, dem or republican. I am not talking about one single politician. They all suck. They are all crooks. And they all have their own interests in mind. Nobody elses but their own. They pretend that they care about "us", but at the end of the day they look out for number 1. Themselves. Doesn't matter what side of the isle they sit.

I read the article. It is state partisan posturing.

9. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Actually, it is likely to be state law. Voted for by politicians put in office by people like you.

10. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Exactly. State law.

Last time I checked I didn't live in Arizona.

Hold on a sec let me go outside again just to make sure.............................................................................................................................Nope still not Arizona.

11. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If all these Palinite kooks lived in AZ, and did not vote or influence the rest of the country or the states they do live in (VA?), you would have a point.

Look in the mirror, guy.

12. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Actually it is you sir that need a mirror to gaze into. The fact that you sit here, and accuse anybody who doesn't agree with your often radical viewpoints a "palinite kook" is a great big piece of the reason why nothing gets accomplished, environmentally or otherwise, anywhere in this country.

Like I have said numerous times before; left and right are just as bad, and just as guilty.

Keep it going, you are doing a fine job. For every "Palinite Kook" there is one of you to cancel them out.

13. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    No, I call the politicians who vote in favor of this law, and the people who voted them into office, palinite kooks. Voters in other states who want politicians similar to these AZ kooks, are palinite kooks. That be democracy, and you should take some responsibility for your voting.

You want global initiatives ? Vote for a party that is not palinite.

14. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well until one day when you and I meet over a cup of coffee, shake hands, and create a third one, that won't be possible.

15. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I think you should look at who voted aye and who voted nay by party in the AZ legislation.

16. massparanoia

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    And you should look and see who was president back in 1987, the last time there was any kind of global environmental initiative to leave the white house.

Well I'm off to bed, its 10:04pm in Arizona, and this Palinite has to go get some sleep.

I'm sure this thread will be in the politics forum in the morning. Enjoy everyone.

17. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Why ? I don't know whether ozone control was a US initiative, but do you really think the parties of 25 years ago are the parties of today ?

18. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    1. Reagan was one of the worst environmental presidents in US history. That he signed the ozone treaty late in his dotage of his second term is meaningless to his record. The treaty was not of his initiative and simply a reluctant political compromise by him.

2. Relevant to this thread of people buying hybrids, Reagan fought the US developing the auto technology, Reagan promoted oil use, Reagan fought higher CAFE standards, Reagan fought tax subsidies for high mileage cars.

19. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :mod:

20. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^^^
    Why is it that some posters can't keep politics out of threads that aren't in FHopPol?