1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ford focus electric's new advertising campaign

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by austingreen, Jun 19, 2012.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
  2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    interesting video. they did not really showcase the "EVness" of the car at all. they did highlight ease of use for Sync Services (which is available on EVERY new Ford)

3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...Gilbert looks like a sub-3 marathon runner. AG what distance do you run? I do some 5K's when I can get the lead (as in Pb) out, if you know what I mean.

4. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I found it quite different, but in today's world I just turn off adds when they come on. I think ford was trying to get the warm fuzzies out for fords and plug ins. They are doing this in many cities. I'm interested to see if it works. The one thing you definitely got the word out that there are now chargers in the parks and libraries and if you read the scroll they are powered by renewable.

I think it was more of ford has an ev, there are places to charge it. These are cool places to go and it won't run out of energy. They are doing them in different cities, but I only watched it because my friend gilbert is in it. I found the mexican food part of the challenge the one with the most local interest - and politics.

5. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I run marathon's, halves, and one 10 miler. The 10 miler is for gilbert's charity which gets clean water to people in his native Burundi. I'm not that fast, I run for fun. We do have elite athletes in the group but they are very supportive of us slower runners.

Just mailed gilbert, his best marathon was 2:22. He's been an alternate at the olympics, but that time is past.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    You have to empethize with auto makers. That enter the EV market. Think how diametrically opposed the EV message is to the gas burning cars.

EV ads must avoid making the manufacturer look schizophrenic. Consider the following 'pluses' they might reference:
    "This EV is WAY quieter than our guzzlers"
    "This EV won't kill you - running it in a locked garage, like the rest of our pollution belching offerings"
    "This EV won't make you broke, as you drop a $100 bill down the gas tank, for which you have to earn another $20 or $30 pre tax, just to blow the $100."
    "This EV has fuel made in the U.S.A. in stead of countries bent on bombing us out of existence."
    "This EV has WAY less parts to maintain ... no smog checks ... no more valve jobs ... no oil & filter ... no plugs ... no PCV, you'll wonder why you ever burned gas!"
    "This EV doesn't have 20 gallons of toxic explosives ready to burn you to death, should another car hit you just right"

I guess I won't be too successful writing their ad campaign.

:D

austingreen likes this.
  7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

April 20, 2010; Noon Pacific time; Nissan opens up email invitations for the 2011 Nissan Leaf. this will save the world millions of gallons of Oil

April 20, 2010; A few hours after the Nissan Leaf email invite launch. Big Oil retaliates by leaking out oil in a statement saying

"We can waste it waaay faster than you can save it!"

**disclaimer** the above "might" be stretching it a bit, but the irony is very difficult to ignore

Sergiospl likes this.