1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fraudulent bargained priced service manual

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jim Calvert, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Jim Calvert

Jim Calvert New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I received a warning notice from Ebay regarding what must be a fraudulent listing for a 2010 Prius repair/service manual.

Ebay stated that “Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from spiralcomputer through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.â€.

This item, which Ebay has removed, was for a “2010 Toyota Prius Hybrid Repair/Service Manual CDâ€, and was listed at under $30.

Thought you should know. There are lots of schemers out there. Don't expect to find a 2010 Prius Repair/Service Manual anywhere for under $30.

Jim

3 people like this.
  2. tjp74

tjp74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I thought about trying it and expected to receive a burned CD containing scanned image of factory manaul or something which is ok for $30 but man... didn't think it would be a total scheme.

3. neilz

neilz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I received the manual. It is only vol 1 out of 4 volumes. The one I got was for wiring. Useless to me.

4. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I too have gotten the same update from eBay. Open up a dispute with them and you will probably get your money back.