1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

From Alfa Romeo to Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Minnesotan, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi!

I am a new Prius C owner who actually doesn't have the car yet. I have ordered a Blue Streak, Prius C, Option Three today and should come April 10 or sometime around from Bloomington Walser Toyota.

The Prius C is replacing a lovely, wonderful 1994 Alfa Romeo 164 LS. It has been a phenomenal car, very reliable, and endlessly practical. Anyone who has owned an Alfa Romeo always comes back to buy another, and I am sure I will but not right now with my 100 mile daily commutes. What I will miss the most shall be the sound of the engine which is the closest thing you can get to hearing a Ferrari. :)

That being said, I look forward to getting acquainted to the Prius. I seriously did little research into buying the car. I originally wanted to get a Scion IQ but it was rather unpleasant, reminding me of the Smart ForTwo, with its noise and choppy ride. The Prius C, on the other hand, was fascinating with all the tech and very smooth. Since it is a Toyota, I am assured of its reliability as we have owned nearly a dozen of them. I look forward to picking the car up!

Anyone else an Italian car fan???

2. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, in my youth = when my dad was footing the bill, we had all sorts of cars, including a fiat, alfa and lancia.
    Then we switched to german: Benz, BMW and audi. Now it's plain jane utilitarian prius for me
    2 weeks and it's great. Love the Mpg. But can't say it's a thrill to drive

3. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three