1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front end alignment only when getting 4 tires?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by going red baby!, Jun 18, 2014.

1. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do I only need a front end alignment when purchasing 4 new tires? Do I need to worry about the back wheels?

Thx!

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If you're not having any problems, saying wandering or pulling to one side, I wouldn't get any alignment check. Unless the price is very reasonable, just for peace of mind. The only readily done adjustment is front end toe. Something like rear camber, for example, can only be adjusted by disassemble of the rear and installation of aftermarket shims.

Let sleeping dogs lie?

3. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, it's only $60 and it would make me feel a lot better. I don't feel any pulling or anything. But I do have some weird wearing out on the outer edges of a couple tires, it looks like something scraped them.

Thanks for the quick response!

4. Stratman

Stratman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree with Mendel above. No reason to do an alighnment unless you have unusual tire wear or pulls to one side. My steering wheel is a wee bit off center and they're going to alighn mine at the 5k checkup to straighten that out.