1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front end swap

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Notquite, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Notquite

Notquite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Anyone know if the 2015 front end is a direct swap for a 2013 C? Some A-hole backed into me, and jacked up my hood and front spoiler. The aftermarket front ends are pricey, so thought this might be a good option.

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Some like swaps have been done on the liftbacks, but haven't heard of any on the C yet. Did the person disappear or not have insurance...or do you not have insurance? Just a question.

3. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I dont think its a direct swap. You will have to swap over a lot of parts on the front end.

4. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  5. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    at the very least, the newer style headlights need to be swapped in as well... but i heard modifications will be needed to get it to fit.

it is not a direct swap from what i have heard.. i haven't seen anyone do it yet either.

6. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I went to look at one because I like the tail lights of the new one as well. I believe the tail lights are a direct swap. But the front needs to be modified, The tow hook cover is different, the grill is different, the turn signal, the LED headlights are way different. so you would probably need a new hood, bumper, grill, headlights, probably the LED drivers for the headlights as well. Looks expensive to do. I want the new design as well, but I think I will wait till a new C with a complete redesign comes out in 3 years. What I would really do, is swap for the new dash screen, and add the reverse camera. And try to obtain the new tiny screen where it tills you your speed and gas gauge, it's now in white instead of green. Those three things would make things significantly better. :)

7. eco31

eco31 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The bumper brackets and center supports are the same from 12 and up. It might work but you will need more than the bumper for a swap.

Attached Files: