1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front wheel/tire vibration on 2013 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) wagon

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by KEELFOOT, May 30, 2015.

1. KEELFOOT

KEELFOOT New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My 2013 v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) has just under 45,000 miles on it. About 1000 miles back I began to notice vibration at low speeds (starts at 15 mph and fades away at 25-30 mph). Tires have lots of tread left. Just did another front to back rotation and no change. I'm thinking it may be a wheel bearing. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom C.

PS: Nothing to do with the vibration, but my mpg guage has never been reset for the primary odometer, and it still reads 45 mpg, fwiw. No, I haven't checked against an actual "fill'erup and measure it" yet.

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any strange wear-pattern (feathering, uneven, fluting) on the tyres? Have they wheels ever been balanced, and are all the weights still in place? At what pressures are you running tyres? Have they ever been kerbed? Loose wheel lug-nuts? - hope this helps - Wil

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Possible damaged cv joints if the tires are known good. Sometimes a vibration from the back can transmit through to the front, so rotating tires is not always a good diagnostic. Have them check on a balancing machine.

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    A good tire shop will also check to see the wheels themselves are true.

I actually had to replace 3 "mag" wheels from a Honda car a while back because they were the cause of noise and uneven/rapid tire wear.