1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Frustrated by Avital system in used Prius C 2013

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by wovenstrap, Nov 3, 2014.

1. wovenstrap

wovenstrap New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I purchased a used Prius C 2013 with 7000 miles on it, car is basically new.

I have two fobs, the large rectangular one from Prius and a smaller Avital one that is more oval. The dealership neglected to tell me how to use the two fobs and for reasons not worth going into I'm reluctant to pay them a visit.

Car has keyless entry, i.e. gesture entry, which I love. Twice I've tried to alter the settings such that the unlock gesture unlocks all four doors but as soon as I did that, the act of unlocking the car sets off the car alarm like maybe half the time. Understandably it's made me rather gun-shy about using gestures to open the car so I resort to actual pushbutton commands on the Prius fob to unlock the door. This really annoys me. I have never used the Avital fob for any reason, I don't know how it works.

I'd appreciate any advice about reasserting control over the fobs of my car! Thanks.

2. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    they might have improperly installed the alarm. when any decent installer installs an aftermarket alarm with the oem alarm, the oem alarm should be bypassed and only one remote fob should be needed. thats what it sounds like to me.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    never heard of it, maybe take it back?

4. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model: