1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

gas tank and heather problems

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by thephoenix, Nov 29, 2010.

1. thephoenix

thephoenix New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    It seems that no one talks about the Gen I Prius anymore. I had a 2002 with practically no problems. I was in an accident and had to get another one. I got a 2001 with less miles, thought it would be ok. I have 2 problems. First the lever for the gas cap release does not "pop" the gas door open. Does anyone have any information on that problem?? Second the blower motor makes lots of noise especially on slower speeds. To access it I need to cut the glove box reinforcement bar. Sounds crazy to me. Does anyone have any advice or knowlege of this problem. My toyota dealership seems clueless about the key fob issue so I don't even want to take it there for anything else. Thank you for any help or sugestions anyone can provide.

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's normal for all vehicles. The hinge & spring eventually gets dry & dirty. Just give it a spray with WD-40.

3. thephoenix

thephoenix New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks John the spring actually broke off as my dealer looked at it. I bought a new one there for 5.80 and they snapped it in as I paid for the part. I will keep your advice in mind for further down the line. Thanks