1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen III ICE electric water pump

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by IMkenNY, Apr 25, 2015.

1. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I don't believe in extended service warranties but I do like to keep on hand some parts that I may need down the road if I can pick them up at a bargain even though I don't anticipate needing them anytime soon. I would like to avoid the downtime and or high dealer cost for some of these parts if they broke without warning.

The ICE electric water pump was an item I thought would be nice to own and when I saw a Ebay seller offering a new pump for $96 shipped I decided to purchase it. (it was the 2nd pump the seller sold at this $96 price)
    When I revisited the auction page to view the shipping tracking information I saw this seller relisted the electric Ice pump again but this time they raised the price slightly......from $96 to $562!
    I'm not sure why this seller thinks his pumps are now worth $562 since the OEM part sells for $350ish at most Toyota dealership online stores.

What would you guess is the life of these electric pumps for the Ice and Inverter? 150,000 miles?

#1 IMkenNY, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's pretty much certainty: whatever part you buy in anticipation of a failure, that's the one that'll NEVER fail.

3. roamerr

roamerr Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Some eBay sellers raise prices crazy high when they are out of stock but expect inventory. This stops immediate purchases but stops seller from needing to relist since price can be adjusted easily.

iPhone ?

sfv41901 likes this.
  4. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This makes sense

VS980 4G ?