1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting Bumper Repainted- Now What?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jrod81, Sep 24, 2009.

1. jrod81

jrod81 Member

Hey guys
    I am about to have to get my front bumper repainted. We took a road trip and the bugs just destroyed it and for some reason a big chunk got knocked off sometime this weekend. I am sick of this flaking on the bumper so after I get it painted I want to put some sort of protection on it to prevent further issues... is this a good choice or can any of you suggest anything better:
    TOYOTA PRIUS 2010 3M CLEAR BRA PAINT PROTECTION KIT:eBay Motors (item 400071597358 end time Oct-05-09 09:36:44 PDT)

2. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would have a 3M or similar clear bra installed. My car has had one since new and I have probably 10 small paint defect where a rock or something penetrated the clear bra material and nicked the paint. My car has over 120K miles on it and it still looks great. Strongly recommend the clear bra materials.

3. jrod81

jrod81 Member

so just type in 3m bra for google search? got a link on your particular one by chance?

4. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Find a local shop that can install it for you. It is not that easy unless you know exactly what you are doing.

3M is one of the best out there.

5. clearbraj

clearbraj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not to deter anyone from installing a kit themselves. Just as an FYI -3M only offers the 5 yr warranty on installations performed by a 3M certified installer. The installer will complete a warranty card with the installer certification number etc. Always confirm the installation with the installer prior to purchasing any kits via the mail.

www.clearshieldprotection.com - paint protection FAQ

www.clearshieldprotection.com - Paint Protection Film Installation
    Hope this helps.
    ClearbraJ

6. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think the Ventureshield stuff is better, personally.