1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting Prius soon, confused about Satellite Radio Options

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by drw, Jun 7, 2007.

1. drw

drw Junior Member

We will be hopefully pickup up our new Magnetic Grey Prius w/package 6 in a couple of weeks (after searching for the right one for several weeks!)

We have negotiated a very good deal (basically getting the dealer to throw it in) on getting satellite radio installed before we drive off…..

I know there are a ton of posts on Sirius and XM, but I am still a little confused as to exactly what my options are:

1) My first choice is Sirius, and my car is supposed to be coming off the ship sometime in the next week. I know they can add XM “at the portâ€, but can they also do Sirius? Sirius is listed on the Toyota site as an accessory for the Prius, but is NOT listed as an option when you build and price, or search inventory. Can they add Sirius at the port?

2) If they cannot, I might just wait until the car arrives at the dealer- at this point can all dealers install factory Sirius? (If need be, I will just buy the factory Sirius and have it installed somewhere else, but my first choice is to have everything installed when I drive it off the dealer's lot)

3) Finally, if I opt to have XM installed off the boat, can I later buy the factory Sirius and switch it out if need be?

4) Does anyone have Sirius that was installed either off the boat or at your dealer when you bought the car- have any screenshots?

Thanks very much in advance……

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My answers are below:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drw @ Jun 7 2007, 09:47 AM) [snapback]457289[/snapback]</div>

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They're not adding at the port. Toyota has a long-standing policy of only letting the dealerships do addons.

4. drw

drw Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jun 7 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]457468[/snapback]</div>
    But they can add XM at the port- so why wouldn't they be able to do the same with Sirius?

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drw @ Jun 7 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]457519[/snapback]</div>

They can, sure. But they won't. Toyota doesn't add XM or Sirius at the port.