1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Going to look at a Prius V this week...good deal?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Kelli372, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Kelli372

Kelli372 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Live in Pittsburgh, and going to look at a 2010 Prius V this week; 72k miles. They're asking $12,669.

This seems like a pretty good deal...is it? Looks very clean. Have never test driven a Prius, though, so I'm not exactly sure what to look/feel for. Any suggestions? Sooooo excited...have always wanted a Prius!

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The thing I noticed most was that the ICE only runs when it's needed, so the car is v. quiet! …that, and how infrequently I have to buy gas! Good luck in your search! Keep us posted as to your progress, and oh yes, Welcome to PriusChat! You'll learn lots of cool stuff here!!! - Wil

3. ricomtl

ricomtl Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    I just got mine 2 weeks ago and I'm so happy. When you first trest drive it, it feels odd.... like you're gliding in a car with no engine noise!

I love mine so much that I actually find excuses to go to the store or run other pointless errands just to be in the car! :)

Be sure to go through all the threads here, there's so much valuable information. I've discovered so many things & facts here that my dealer had not covered or even knew about!

#3 ricomtl, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would test drive a new one, so you'll have a feel for anything odd.

5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Takes a little getting used to, the controls and the display are just a bit different. Has it met my MPG, space, utility expectations? Yes to all three.

Might read this to give you some ideas (no car is perfect) for one persons list of likes and dislikes.

Things to ask about or investigate:
    Do you fit?
    Do you like it?
    Service history available? Does it confirm that that is the actual mileage and someone hasn't played games with the odometer? Show regular services?
    Does Carfax seem to show any accident repairs? Confirm mileage credible?
    Has the 12volt battery been replaced?
    Have the original tires been replaced? What is their date of manufacture? Tread depth? Brand appropriate for high MPG car?
    When was the last oil change? Using what oil?
    If at a Toyota dealer..are all recalls, firmware updates done? Maps up to date?
    Manuals all there?