1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Goodbye, Lotus 1-2-3 (along with Lotus Organizer and the Lotus SmartSuite)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, May 15, 2013.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There's a blast from the past...

Goodbye, Lotus 1-2-3 | ZDNet
    I didn't even realize that Lotus 123 was still being sold/maintained. Same deal w/SmartSuite.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My company has had a long running relationship with IBM and held on to the Lotus SmartSuite until about 2 years ago when we finally converted to Microsoft Office. We still have some corporate wide databases that have just been updated from the Lotus Notes platform. They were really good systems when IBM was maintaining them and keeping them current. There are still a lot of features of the Lotus systems that I thought were superior to the Microsoft systems.

Being an engineer I grew up on the Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets. It was an easy transition though going to Microsoft Excel as I had been using Microsoft Office at home for years. Of course Excel was just Microsoft's copy of 123.

Yea, it is always sad to see something that you grew up with go in to retirement. It makes me realize how old I am :)

JMD likes this.