1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got ENTUNES update but failed at package 6 :(

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Azfalconfixer, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Azfalconfixer

Azfalconfixer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Got my ENTUNES update today, went to install it and it failed at package 6. Tried a few more times but got the same failure. Called Toyota care and they said it's a known problem and I will have to wait 10-15 days for a new USB drive!! Bad part is Entunes, bluetooth, nav are all gone. Just a black screen that ask for the update stick to be installed. The only thing that works is the radio. They also said I could go by the dealer and they should have USB sticks to use

2. JJay

JJay New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Seems like Toyota should setup a software download from their central web-site for just such an emergency! I'm sure there will be more updates in the future, too.
    Thanks for posting your experience. Haven't gotten mine in the mail yet.

3. Azfalconfixer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Noticed this morning even the backup camera didn't work. Just get a black screen most of the time and a screen that says it's in update mode. I'll stop at the dealer later today and see if they have an extra flash drive.

4. PlasticHead

PlasticHead Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Mine failed also, "failure (write error). Unplug SW update stick to reset" Did that several times but it continued to fail.

5. Groverspal17

Groverspal17 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had the same kind of experience. The first time I tried to install, it repeatedly quit after package 2. Ended up at dealer's where a nice young man worked with it for about an hour, including a phone chat with someone at entune. During that time, it did install up to package 6. However, at the end, I had no Navi etc., just radio and the screen telling me it was in the middle of a software installation
    . Supposedly entune will send a new USB drive. The guy helping me did provide a web address where the update could be downloaded to a generic USB drive. I did that, but am afraid to try it, fearing that it could makes things worse. FYI, my guy was not aware of any entune update sticks available at the dealership, nor did the entune person on the phone suggest that.

6. PlasticHead

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So I looked at the Entune USB key on my PC to see what was on it. It has a 309MB .ISO and a txt log file. I cleared the log file on the Entune key and copied the .ISO to another thumb drive and tried them both. They both failed at the same point and the error log reads the same. So I really don't think there's a problem with the thumb drive.

Here's the log file error
    " Installing unit 6 Apps
    Operation on etfs : start for unit Apps
    percent = 0%
    status.value = 0, status.string = success
    percent = 19%
    status.value = 5, status.string = failure (write error)
    qkcp failed
    Operation on etfs : stop for unit Apps
    ERROR: failure (write error)
    Software Update failed, see log for more details
    Eject USB for RESET"

7. PlasticHead

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III

Could you provide me that web address please?

Thanks
    Bill

8. Azfalconfixer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yep you are right. No problem with the thumb drive. I went to TWO dealers tonight, they both tried there thumb drives and the same result (failed at package 6). They tried calling Toyota tech but they seemed to be gone for the weekend. The dealership said they would try to find out on Monday. So for now I get to look at a black screen.

9. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just in case your USB sticks were corrupt from Toyota, I figured I'd post a link to my iso that was successful.
    Hope this helps. I also hope this is not some sort of copyright violation.
    Just put it on a Fat 32 formatted USB stick

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/469234457/swdl.iso

10. Azfalconfixer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Talked to Toyota Care again last night. Told them I went to two different dealers and had the same results. He had me try a couple things with no luck. Then I down loaded the files and put them on a known good flash drive and still no luck. Toyota Care still says it's the flash drive :mad:. We'll see what my dealer says Monday.

11. yueq

yueq Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I updated mine (2012 III). Everything went smoothly.

12. Groverspal17

Groverspal17 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is the website I was given to download the entune update:
    Download ENTUNE.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    A word of caution, however. The site tries to get you to agree to a bunch of unwanted (imo) stuff. Also, as posted elswhere on prius chat, Malware Bytes (spyware detection program) didn't like what got downloaded to my computer one bit. Also, you have to unzip the download before you save it and make sure nothing else is on the USB stick. I have not tried downloading this in the car, so can't say if it works or not. The link came from somewhere on Toyota Nation.com.

13. Azfalconfixer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've down loaded the files off two different sites and used two different flash drives. Still no luck. Dealer will probably have to replace the head unit. I wounder if there is a way to reset the whole thing?

14. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I wonder if any of the service menu's might have a reset/reload. I know that my Lexus IS250 did. If I were you, you have nothing to lose by going into the service menus and trying all of the buttons to find a reset. I'd do all this while the usb with 2.0 is waiting in the port.

15. PlasticHead

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just tried Grovers filed and I got the same write error. I'm waiting for Muzzman1's file to download but I think it will fail also. The bit count was identical on Grovers .iso as mine, I think they're the same. I think Muzzman1 has the best idea for trying to fix it ourselves, when I called the my dealer they were unaware of any issue with the update, said they didn't have the USB update key and said they would look at it when I bring it in for service on Monday but I don't have a lot of confidence in them fixing it. I also called Toyota care and they are sending me another USB drive, they told me it was the thumb drive, I told them I copied the file to another thumb-drive and with the same result, then they said it was the file. So we will see.

So bottom line, has anyone with a failed update had the problem resolved?

Thanks,
    Bill

16. Azfalconfixer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anybody have the 1.8.4 update? Maybe that could work. Mine started as 1.7.4

17. PlasticHead

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    +1

18. pspitsen

pspitsen New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Received my new Entunes update yesterday. Installed it tonight by following directions that came with the USB flash drive. Everything installed as stated in directions. No problems! :)

19. Azfalconfixer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Got a call from the dealer. I have to bring the car in for them to remove the radio and get numbers off the Entune module. They have to order and replace it.:confused:

20. guicide

guicide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Mine failed the first time in #8.
    Worked the second time.
    Worked the third time when the "Do you want to install updates?" question confused me.(n)
    It should have said "Update Finished! Do you want to install more updates?"