1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great mpg from the first drive home

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Slinton57, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Slinton57

Slinton57 Hybrid Silver Bullet

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I drove my new Prius C over an hour of highway driving w/ ac to include another 10 minutes of city driving and finished with an mpg of 58.7. I thought that was pretty good if the on board computer is acurate. I made the same drive in the other direction today and achieved 54 mpg. Also drove six miles total back and forth to a location this evening and scored 81 mpg on the way over but finished at 73 mpg upon my return home. This evening drive was in town driving with many opportunities for engine free putting.
    Steve

BlueStreakinC3inIN and RocMills like this.
  2. goddess prii

goddess prii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great job Steve! I play the MPG Game every day!:)

RocMills likes this.
  3. Revan86

Revan86 Animal nerd and alt car guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Its the best game ever... You cant loose (y)

RocMills likes this.
  4. Mrodz08

Mrodz08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have not posted anything yet on this forum, tis my first. I have had my Prius C II for almost two months and I play the mileage game everyday and it's awesome. I have averaged over 55 mpg's since I got the car and I drive 90% highway. I drive 27 miles each way to work, almost all highway, and by the time I get to work I'm usually at over 55, a couple times I was over 60. Do I drive a little slower than I did in the past? Yes (I was a flying down the highway at 75 kind of girl in my pre-Prius life). Is my ride more enjoyable and relaxing than my past vehicles? Definitely, slow and steady wins the race. Love this car, not a single complaint!! Love it! Oh, I must mention the Ipod link through the USB is fantastic!

5. mjHession

mjHession New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Yeah, I find myself being comfortable doing 55-60mph often when before I would have felt the need to go 70+mph.