1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Green Car Reports: Five Used Hybrid Cars To Consider Steering Clear Of

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Jul 18, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Five Used Hybrid Cars To Consider Steering Clear Of

The article fails to mention that the 07 Vue Green Line had two HV battery recalls.

It's funny that BMW and Chrysler two-modes made it on the list. I remember when HiLaker was singing its praises (Dumped the 07 Prius after 5 weeks | Page 11 | PriusChat) with hyperbole like:

2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Not too long ago, I looked up the Silverado hybrid on Chevy's site. The price difference over a comparable non-hybrid wasn't that bad. It's just that 4 door crew cab trucks aren't cheap to begin with. Assuming all the standard extras aren't necessary for the hybrid to be profitable, a regular/extended cab work truck model might enjoy some success.

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    An actual work truck, would benefit in having the ability to keep power to the outlets and systems while stopped. How often do you see the trucks sitting idle with the blinkers on while a large device in the back is powered either spraying something, sucking something, or powering something elsewhere

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    9 out of 10 cars on that list have either a GM BAS system or a GM Two Mode system. I am not in line to get a eAssist GM.