1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Greetings

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by syc, Oct 23, 2014.

1. syc

syc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I recently moved to San Diego after having been forward deployed overseas for the past 7 years. It's good to be back in the United States. I know I'll be driving a LOT in southern california so I got a hold of a 2006 Prius. I'm just assuming it's a base model, but I've been loving it. I had it for the past two months. It's decently comfortable, ridiculous amount of cargo room, and i've never driven 400+ miles on a tank of gas on any other car i've owned before.

Being new to a prius, I'm also new to prius chat, so wanted to say hi to everyone and looking forward to a lot of great info here.. the great thing is that my brother saved the car for me a few weeks before I got back so I would have it ready when i got to the states (brother is a service rep at Toyota dealership) so i bought a few prius parts from overseas before coming here.

Car:
    2006 Prius
    Gray

Some upgrades:
    -tinted, and added retractable curtains.
    -Stereo upgrades: Alpine bluetooth stereo, Boston Acoustic Pro series front component speakers, rockford fosgate prime rear speakers, Soundstream compact powered subwoofer fitted under the passenger seat to maintain cargo space.

Parts on had for installation:
    -hid kit
    -Tanabe Sustec Pro full coilover suspension kit (I don't think it's available in the United States)
    -Tanabe Sustec tower brace
    -Adjustable spherical bearing stabilizer links
    -17" lightweight wheels (similar to Volk CE-28)
    -18" Racing Hart wheels (don't know which set of wheels i want to use)
    -Villain rear spoiler and upper hatch spoiler (just got it back from the paint shop) (I think also not available here)

My front Villain bumper wasn't finished being made by the manufacturer before i left so my plan ran into a hiccup. so if i can't do it all, i'm debating whether or not to install what i have or sell off most of it...

ftl likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome home! all the best.(y)

3. syc

syc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    thanks bisco.

4. SystemJinx

SystemJinx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hi and welcome! I'm new here as well.

syc likes this.
  5. syc

syc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    i like how everyone's "joined" states a date and yours just states "Sunday".. :D welcome to you as well.

SystemJinx likes this.