1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grill blocking on the v

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by jhinsc, Nov 1, 2013.

1. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone done this yet? I did it on my previous 2010 Prius IV but the lower grill was inset from the bumper so it didn't appear as noticeable as if would have if the grill was flush. Wondering what it will look like if I use the same pipe insulation, or if anyone else has come up with another solution?

2. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I went to the hardware store and found a piece of thick black plastic about 8 inches wide x 36", trimmed to fit, and zip tied it behind the lower grille, rather than the silly pipe insulation tubes in the front. I also did this on my previous 2010 liftback, easy to do and cleaner looking. I do it when temp gets to about 40 degrees. Keeps the radiator area cleaner too.

3. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the idea. I wish I could find something that will just clip on, or something that I can adjust depending on temps. I found it helped on my 2010 Prius when temps were below 60.

4. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I made the grille block for my Gen 2 out of the back panel of a broken pink 32" LCD TV I found. I zip tied it on the front of the grille.

Close up of zip ties.
    [​IMG]

After painting it black.
    [​IMG]

No matter what method you use, I would recommend having a Scangauge, Ultragauge, Torque app, or some other way of monitoring the coolant temperature.