1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GS450h: Not your usual Prius post...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by lucasb7, May 27, 2009.

1. lucasb7

lucasb7 GS450h

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    GS450h Charging

Hi there,

Been lurking around here for a while and you guys seem so knowledgeable. Especially jelloslug and his rebuild, I got hooked on all 20+ pages in that tread. Truly spectacular. There aren't many 450h owners on forums to give input so I am relying on you to help me out :):

Unlike some other members trying to charge from an outlet to improve gas mileage, I am looking for a way to charge the battery from the ICE to improve performance. As many of you know, these cars are much more powerful when their batteries are full. I have seen my 450h power itself at around 50 mph electric only on level ground with a 8/8 bar battery pack.

So, some of us over on clublexus have been debating the best way to achieve the fastest 1/4 mile and one topic that came up was having a full battery. However the only way I've been able to get a full battery is a long hill descent.

So, is there any way to force the ICE to charge the battery? Revving? Inspection Mode? Anything?

Thanks for all your help :D

Lucas

2. lucasb7

lucasb7 GS450h

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for but I was using the wrong search terms I guess.

Thank you for all your help! I hope to be back soon when I pick up a Pack V with ATP! :D