1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hands Free Microphone/Camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Deepspacedave, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Deepspacedave

Deepspacedave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I put a 2012 Prius non-nav touchscreen HU in my 2010 prius and want to do a couple add ons. Looking to just do the OEM parts as I'm no electronics expert.

First does anyone know the part number for the microphone, I need the entire shebang, the harness that plugs into the HU, wiring and the mic itself. I was debating between a couple part numbers and would like an independent validation of that!

Second, same question for the Backup camera.

Third, it appears this Head Unit in the 2012 gives vehicle info as well, is it possible to view this on the 2010 at all?

Last I was reading a thread that was incredibly helpful in adding this HU to the 2010. One part involved pulling a wire from the harness for the amplified antenna because it mutes the radio. I suspect that it still needs power as my signal is weak. Reading further in that previous thread it said to "Plug it into Pin 3 of the 12 Pin connector which is a grey wire." My question is how do you do that if there is already a wire there? Wiretap or twist the wires together and use a new pin?

Thanks in advance!

2. Deepspacedave

Deepspacedave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Found a factory fit camera so you can disregard that portion of the question :)