1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone had luck bending the C's Squirrel Finders?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by legoadan, Sep 1, 2014.

1. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    sf.png

In the headlight, if you stick your finger in you (I've been told) can bend them down and eliminate the squirrel finders glare all together. Has anyone done this?

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    These "squirrel finders" are important part of the lighting system. It shines the road reflectors ahead of the light cut off without blinding oncoming traffic. On a pitch black road, it's extremely helpful without using high beam. Now back to the topic. I don't think you can bend it because the headlight are projection lens and not reflectors.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hopefully, someone who has done a full on retrofit and replacement of the oem projectors will chime in on whether the Toyota halogen projector cutoff shields have bendable tabs on the squirrel finder cutouts. Also, if they are accessible from the rear of the housing, through the bulb mounting hole (doubtful), without removing the headlight housing, and or front headlight cover.

SCH-I535

4. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So I posted on HID Planet Forum as well. It seems like they probably will have a fairly easy access to bend. The Scion FR-S uses H11 Bulbs also and is probably the same projector as the C, and people have done it on the FR-S before.

Here's the thread. I'd figure these guys know what they're talking about since it's an all HID forum....

Prius C - Beam Pattern Critique and Questions - Is this Cut off SHARP enough??