1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone received a CA Green HOV Sticker yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by elmofongo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    I could be wrong, but based on the dates people are giving, and that the situation seems to have stabilized, you should be OK with the second app. Worry a little if you like, but I don't think it's time to panic.

lensovet likes this.
  2. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for the calming words, but I wish their rep would just say if an application is in process instead of saying nothing is in the system. A few guys have stated that what some of the DMV reps say are flat out false (e.g., one rep saying no record in the system, another rep confirming app has already been processed).

3. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think for now the HOT lanes on the 110 and 10 freeways are considered experimental. Also, IIRC, the toll lanes on the 91 freeway are (or at least at one time were) built and operated by a private entity. If that is the case, I think they pretty much set their own rates and rules. The 73 and 241 toll roads don't give any special consideration to green or white stickers. Anyone with current information about the 91 please weigh in.

Update: while it was originally a private enterprise the Orange County Transit Authority bought it and began operations in Jan 2003. It has been a while since I drove it, but I think you can use the HOV lanes west of the junction with the 55 freeway, but you need the toll road electronic reader east of there, period.

4. alpha motoring

alpha motoring Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I bough my PIP in mid March out of state (new) and the dealer helped me get my plate # within 3 days. They mailed in my HOV application on the 21st, I received my stickers yesterday, 39,6xx

5. crackers8199

crackers8199 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A

the reasoning they gave me was that the bill only applies to HOV lanes that were converted to toll lanes (which i don't see anywhere in the bill from reading it, but that's neither here nor there). if that's actually the case, it'll be interesting to see what happens when the new lanes that extend to riverside are open in 2017...those lanes will be converted from the existing HOV lanes, so by their own definition they should be exempt from tolls for those of us with green stickers.

6. icesalmon

icesalmon Junior Member

Here is my timeline
    3/22 bought PIP, knowing that the number of Hov stickers is running low.
    4/2 sent in application without license plate number, hoping that dmv overlook it.
    4/11 received license plate from mail.
    4/12 sent in complete application this time.
    4/14 DMV received application.
    4/16 $8 check deposited by DMV.
    Now waiting for my HOV stickers.
    Thanks everyone here for tips and encourgement. It has been a long month for me. :)

wowMPG likes this.
  7. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Normally by the time you see the check cashed, the stickers are already in the mail and should appear in your mailbox in a day or two. :)

icesalmon likes this.
  8. Ron AutoNation Ford Smith

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It appears that the last few HOV stickers are not going away as fast as we **thought** that they would.
    (Cutting off the pre-orders by dealers seems to have had a significant effect.)

From the ARB website:
    As of April 14, 2014, 38,803 "green" stickers have been issued.
    As of March 28, 2014, 38,179 "green" stickers had been issued.

So, DMV apparently only issued 624 stickers from 3/28 until 4/14 –
    which means that there are 1,197 remaining, as of last Monday.

Bottom line: We **may** still be able to get HOV stickers for a few customers who buy qualifying cars that currently do not have them.
    (But we should, of course, be VERY CAREFUL to fully disclose the risk of NOT being able to get them.)

9. Ron AutoNation Ford Smith

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  10. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ron, see post #1069 in this thread- sticker # 39933 was issued 4/10. Maybe the DMV doesn't count the stickers in the hands of dealers as "issued" until those cars are sold and registered. But apparently they are getting close to the 40k limit.

11. Ron AutoNation Ford Smith

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, rogerv!

You caught me. I have NOT yet read this entire thread from the beginning. ;)

There **does** seems to be some confusion about the number of decals remaining, and the "sticker number."

12. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    As of April 21, 2014, 39,112 "green" stickers have been issued.

The rate has stabilized and slowed from 46 to 44 per day. At this rate the last sticker will be issued around May 11. It is possible that if dealers start selling out of pre-stickered vehicles, they will run out a little faster, but there isn't a lot of time left for things to change that much.

[​IMG]

13. crackers8199

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless something drastically odd is happening here or their numbers are at least 11 days behind, this pretty much confirms there WILL BE stickers with numbers past 40,000 - considering #39933 was issued to me on 4/10 and 39933 > 39112.

14. acceleraptor

acceleraptor Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The conservative estimate is that it is lag and not unusual numbering. My application would have arrived there 4/15, so I guess I will find out based on whether I am denied or not.

15. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It appears they aren't issuing the stickers in numerical order.

BTW - Glad you got yours after all the issues that seemed to present themselves to you during this ordeal :)

crackers8199 likes this.
  16. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm still going with the last sticker being #39,999 since there was a #00000, according to Dianne Whitmire in an earlier post. Unless the state legislature moves the bill through the process and orders an increase beyond the initial 40K, that's all there are going to be.

17. Brenna

Brenna Junior Member

Well, I'm super happy to be able to solve this mystery.....just received my replacement stickers.....40151.

I was freaking out because the DMV hadn't cashed my check and people that had sent them after me had their checks cashed.

(for those who don't obsessively read this board, I think I didn't wait for the cleaner to dry completely so my stickers started to peel about a week after applying, then got worse and worse until I was going to lose them, so I peeled and sent in)

Mailed 4/10
    Received DMV 4/11 (Friday)
    Stickers Issued 4/14
    Received 4/21 with my uncashed check and a note - no charge for replacement.

Happy happy day.

Sapien, Tracksyde, bilofsky and 2 others like this.
  18. acceleraptor

acceleraptor Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So the state is presumably striking out numbers for old decals that have been surrendered and simply using new numbers past 40,000.

19. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for solving the mystery!

For those who didn't read the whole thread, Dianne claimed many posts back to have received replacement green stickers with the same original number.

Sapien likes this.
  20. crackers8199

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess that definitively answers the question of "will there be stickers numbered greater than 40000?" once and for all...

Sapien likes this.