1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hatchback won't open

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Donova, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Donova

Donova New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Help;

I closed my hatchback in the dark and caught the cargo net in the hatch when I closed it. I tried unlocking with the remote and then with the door lock when the car was turned off. All to no avail. The hatchback will not budge but looks to be open a little. Any ideas on how to open the hatch???

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This will open er up. ;)

[​IMG]

Seriously, you might have to sacrifice your cargo net by carefully cutting it around the hatch locking area and pulling out the pieces so the locking mechanism can disengage.

SCH-I535

macman408 and spiderman like this.
  3. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Isn't there a manual override pull cord for opening the hatch? I think it's buried behind a small rectangular access panel but you have to take out the lower tray to see it. All of this must be done by crawling back there from the rear seat area.

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    you might be able to just push down while pressing the button and then lifting up...