1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlamp costs?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Watson, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Watson

Watson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2010 Prius II and the headlight went out. Was told by the dealer that I need a new headlamp assembly due to a crack or something that is letting in moisture. I can see the water under the casing. I was charged $327 for the assembly and when it comes in, $150 for installation. Is that about what any of you have paid? I know dealership costs tend to be higher but I live in MS and there aren't many Priui (?) here and having just gotten it 3weeks ago, am worried about who to take it to.

2. Accordlayingkit

Accordlayingkit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    If u follow these steps your could do it all in about 45 mins. Don't even have to Jack the car up or anything

Front bumper removal
    Balancing Act » Blog Archive » DIY: How to remove the front bumper off a 3rd gen Prius

Headlamp removal(first couple steps on this link for light removal)

Balancing Act » Blog Archive » DIY: How to blackout the headlights on a 2010+ Prius

I did mine :)
    20140919_184322.jpg

If you don't have the led headlights you could have gotten the assembly from here for $253 FYI

2010 Toyota Prius FRONT LAMPS Headlamp components Headlamp assy Mossy Toyota

#2 Accordlayingkit, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014