1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dpnuggs, Jul 10, 2014.

1. dpnuggs

dpnuggs New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello all. I am a new Prius owner. I bought a used 2007 Prius with 62,000 miles and love it so far. But my headlight just went out. I want to try to fix it myself but I am not sure if I have a standard bulb or a HID bulb. Is there an easy way to find this out so I can order the right bulb, hopefully the cheaper one?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you have factory fog lights, then you have hid lights. If you don't have fog lights, you would have the cheaper halogen lights

3. dpnuggs

dpnuggs New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks. I was just checking out the options packages for 07's and that is exactly what I concluded. Luckily I don't have fog lights so it should be a cheap fix. I love this car. I can't believe how nice it drives and as we all know how cheap it is to drive. One more question. Do you recommend always having your car serviced at a dealer or do you go to a mechanic you trust that is not Toyota? I'm almost ready for my 5,000 mile oil change and am considering my options.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Simple things like oil changes can be done at a trusted mechanic, just remember it takes 3.5 quarts of oil. Also check your oil level as these cars mysteriously start using oil.

The headlight bulb is a bit of a challenge to change, lots of writeups on that subject