1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight washer cover removal????

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by cjwenger07, Mar 22, 2011.

1. cjwenger07

cjwenger07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey

I have a 2010 Gen III Prius and need to install a new bumper cover, however, the little covers on the headlight washers are the only thing making me a little nervous to remove. You can slide them out fairly easily revealing what looks like two little clips that can be depressed to remove the plastic cover, however, I do not want to break the little thing. If anyone has any experience or ideas on how to remove these it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

2. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am also interested in the answer.

BTW, your profile says you have a model III. I thought headlight washers only came with the LED headlights on the model V. Am I missing something?

3. cjwenger07

cjwenger07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    generation III, model V sorry

4. cjwenger07

cjwenger07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have the answer! Ok so carefully pry out the headlight washer and hold it firmly in your left hand, there are two little clips that look like they can be depressed closest to the headlight washer cover front. Carefully depress each of these (I used a flat head screwdriver) while pulling outward (repeat CAREFULLY). The little cover just slips right over those two clips and its done! It took a little muscle but it does work, however be careful...it might be good to have someone help you hold the headlight washer assembly while you depress the clips. Removing the bumper after that is fairly straightforward except when you unhook the headlight washer tube from the washer fluid reservoir. While at first I was really freaked out that I was going to break the tube, all you do is squeeze these nifty little fittings and they unhook rather easily! Except have a bucket available to catch all the washer fluid that will drain out all over your garage. Hope that helps! I'm waiting for my newly painted bumper to come back from the paintshop and then i'm back to a like new prius! (fingers crossed). All in all 200 dollars for paint job, 111 for bumper online vs. the shops quote of 900 dollars labor for paint and install with the bumper I already purchased. Totally worth it!

1 person likes this.
  5. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You are brave!! Do you have the parking sensors to deal with too? If so, there are installation instructions that should help in their removal.

6. cjwenger07

cjwenger07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    wow i think i totally misunderstood your post haha

7. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

????

I was just curious if you had the Advanced Tech package, in which case I assumed you would have to also remove the side parking sensors.

8. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    This picture should help...
    View attachment 29300