1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hear and feel 'Click' when applying brakes from 50MPH

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Hastin, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Hastin

Hastin New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Okay, I never experienced this on my Prius C, but now that's I've upgraded to a 2013 Prius Plug-In, I can duplicate it:

When traveling on the highway (at like 60MPG) and I brake a little hard (but not pedal fully to the floor), I hear and feel a 'click' through the brake pedal as it slows through 25MPH. A car pulled out in my lane, and I had to brake suddenly and felt/heard this 'click' at that speed. Did some testing on an off-ramp with the same situation (50MPH - heavy breaking - feel/hear click at 25MPH).

I think this is the transition from the regen braking to the brake pads, but I'm unsure. Not sure if it's ABS either. I've looked at a ton of Gen3 braking threads here on PC, but I was unable to find my exact issue. The car only has 3000 miles on it, so I can ask at my first service - but wanted to see if anyone else experiences this (or if it's normal).

Loving my upgrade so far (but having weird fueling problems - doesn't seem like I can 'fill' the tank, always lose the first 'blip' too fast), and enjoy the freedom of being able to charge for local driving.

Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! i'm not sure i have braked hard enough to know if i have experienced this. if i have a chance to try it, i'll let you know. as for fueling, mine is very consistant. have you tried another pump? and my pips pretty much go down by the gallon. all the best with your new pip!(y)

3. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I think the click was the ABS.