1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heated seats in the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by smy, Jan 6, 2006.

1. smy

smy New Member

Hi all!

I have just ordered a 2006 Prius, and can add heated leather seats after market from Toyota. The factory does not include heated seats in any package, and I wonder now if it would draw too much electricity from the battery. Do any of you have recommendations?

Also, I have a radar locator whose power is harnessed into a switchable wire on a Camry. I would like to move this to the Prius. Do any of you harness power for such accessories, and have you noticed any problems doing so wth the Prius?

Thanks much!!

2. landstander

landstander darling no baka

A place where the nuts hunt the squirrels
    Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My suggestion is to simply wear pants. :p

3. Proteus

Proteus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I added dealer installed seat heaters to my option 7 with port leather 2006 model. They work great, and I have had no problems (one week of use). I paid the dealer $650 for two (front) seat heaters and they were installed at the dealership.

4. smy

smy New Member

That's great! Where did they place the controls for the heaters? Also, does it seem to compromise performance or efficiency in your car?

5. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smy @ Jan 6 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]184750[/snapback]</div>
    There is a reason they don't include it from the factory. They aren't from Toyota, they are a dealer added item. Not Toyota at all.

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  7. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jan 30 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]383021[/snapback]</div>
    Very interesting thanks! Your pictures answered a question I had about how to remove those side plastic panels on the seats. I couldn't get that impossible clip off either, so I gave up. If I break the clip it's good to know that the plastic cover will still stay on the seat.

8. MtBiker

MtBiker Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jan 30 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]383021[/snapback]</div>

Darell,

Why did you decide to buy your heaters from Cartek versus the company from whom you purchased your power lumbar systems, PDA, Inc. who also sells seat heaters? Thanks.

9. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MtBiker @ Jan 31 2007, 02:26 AM) [snapback]383182[/snapback]</div>
    I'd also like to know this.

10. Leo240sx

Leo240sx New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This video shows you how to take advantage of hidden features on your prius and install a universal seat heater kit for thousands less than what the dealer would charge you. Being new to this forum, I cannot paste the link. But search for Leo's Garage on youtube, where additional how to and tips will be recorded.

11. Diver Allen

Diver Allen Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2013 V that the dealer installed leatherlike upholstery and seat heaters. In this weather it's nice having the heater (snowing today).

Allen

12. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I installed Clazzio leather seat covers in my 2007, and carbon fiber heated seats underneath.

I used Darrell's guide that he posted. I didnt have to remove my seats from the car as I was putting seat covers on top of the heated seat elements. It was an easy install and the hardest part was condensing the extra wiring to get it all to fit under the center console!

Love my Clazzio seat covers but REALLY loving my heated seats too. Ive even been thinking about adding them for the back seat passengers!

Oh to answer your question, the seats pull about 5 amps each on the highest setting. I wired mine to my 12v accessory plug in the center console.