1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heater problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pohoku, Apr 30, 2009.

1. pohoku

pohoku New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I apologize if this was discussed before, but I couldn’t t find any posts in regard to this specific problem.

I've been driving 05 Prius for a few years and I never had a single complain about its climate control system up until now. The A/C was always in auto mode set to 72F and I always found that comfortable. Recently I started noticing that my hands freezing. When I start the car the hot air goes only to my feet (and that's ok). After a few minutes the dashboard vents start blow cold air into my face (and this is strange). So now I have a constant cold flow into my face while the foot vent continues to blow hot air. If I gradually push the temperature settings higher up to 78 degrees the air becomes just a little warmer, but then A/C switches back to "feet only" mode. I cannot find a comfort zone anymore: it's either stifling air in the cabin or a cold draft into my hands and face. The car is not on the extended warranty, so I would highly appreciate any DIY suggestions before I take it to the dealer.

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    uhhh block your grill to increase engine temp (and thus more heat)?