1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

heating issue at 110000 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by johnnychimpo, Feb 8, 2009.

1. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    hello all i seem to have a issue when i use my heater at times it suddenly stops working as if i a had turned on the ac to cool off but it is 45 outside and i want full heat now but he car stops heating so i lower the temp a couple degrees and it starts to heat up.. sometimes and please dont tell me to take it to the dealer because that would be lame i know that i just want to know if anyone else has had this issue. thanks:rockon:

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Take it to the dealer. :D:D
    Sorry I couldn't resist.

3. dropkin

dropkin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is the AC button on? I know it's supposed to be a "set it and forget it," but I have found that even in the winter, if then cabin gets warmer than the set tempurature, then cool air (not necessarily A/C) starts flowing through the upper vents when I have the A/C button enabled.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "A/C" means "air conditioning", not "air cooling". A/C includes heating, dehumidification and cooling as needed. So, OP: do you start with "A/C Auto" illuminated, and then you set the temperature as you want it using the buttons on the steering wheel? If you do and that doesn't work, then take it to a dealer.