1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help . . . can't transfer my Sprint Katana phonebook

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mag Gris, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Mag Gris

Mag Gris New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just got my Prius this week, and am trying to get the gadgets going. For the phonebook, I followed the manual and also did some searches here and found the letstalk site - - it looks like my "cherry blossom" sanyo katana (by Sprint) should be able to transfer the entire phonebook to the Prius, but I can't get it to work.

When I follow the manual's steps, I get to the screen where it says: "Data Transfer - Under Transfer - Please transmit phonebook data from the mobile phone" . But then nothing happens. The only apparent choices while in that screen are to (1) cancel or (2) let it "think". I let mine think like this for like this for a 1/2 hour ride tonight and then gave up. The screen just stayed the same; not even the message "Transfer Failed" appeared. What am I doing wrong? :frusty:

I haven't attempted transferring 1 number at a time yet, but would rather not do that.

Thanks for any help!!

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

After you enable data transfer on the Prius MFD, you transfer the data from your cellphone. Choose contacts (right softkey)>> options >> send contact >> all. Select the device (your Prius) and press OK. It takes about 2 seconds.

3. Mag Gris

Mag Gris New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    9G-man, Thank you for your help! It was not very obvious (e.g. the "send contact" step wasn't an option on my phone at first, and then it suddenly was there - don't know if I hit a random button or what; and it's not there now. . . .), but it worked and I never would've found it w/o your post. :clap2:

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That option only shows up after you have selected any contact in the phone book, not when the <Add Contact> listing is highlighted.