1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me choose? '10 Prius II vs '10 Prius III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by terrwils, Jul 10, 2013.

1. terrwils

terrwils New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Both same price at $16k. The Prius II has 32k miles. The Prius III has 41k miles. I'm having a hard time finding the difference between the trim levels in 2010, and therefore I cannot quantify whether the 9,000 mile difference is "worth it" at the same price.

Thanks!!

2. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Id buy the one with the lower miles. I dont know the difference, but it isnt much unless one has a nav unit, or better radio. For me thats not a desirable feature.

3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The difference between the level 2 and 3 is mostly in the radio. Look at the tires and how clean the car is and select on that basis. They both should have replacement tires at this mileage. You want to see major brand LRR tires not some junk brand.

bisco likes this.
  4. prius_in_pa

prius_in_pa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    9000 miles isn't a lot. For me, that's only 6 months of driving. Perhaps you should use other factors as consideration

5. socal13

socal13 livin in the foothills...

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I think two differences are the JBL radio and Bluetooth.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! all other things beside the radio being equal, get the II and an aftermarket radio. the III upgrade is not that much better. all the best!(y)

7. socal13

socal13 livin in the foothills...

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I agree about the tires and overall condition! Check the upholstery carefully. But I think the Bluetooth feature is very handy and the JBL sounds good. (I had a 2010 III).

8. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sound system is the only real difference not counting regional add ons. Originally the JBL non-Nav on the III new cost $1000 more. JBL sound with Nav was $3000 more. Base and JBL sound systems are bad, listen yourself. Get the lower miles II for the value. Garmin cost $100 and is better than anything they offer.

9. -Tim-

-Tim- Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I just picked up a CPO '10 Prius II. I love the car, but the radio is only decent. Not a big issue for me though. As others have mentioned, that and Bluetooth are the big changes. If both cars are in similar condition, I'd be tempted to go with the II, just for the lower miles.

Something else to consider is that '10 is the first year for the 3rd-gen Prius. If one car has a build date early in the model year, and/or is subject to the recent brake accumulator recall, that might be something to take into account as well. I've had no issues with mine, and it is apparently not subject to the recall, but were I to do it again, I might be tempted to look at '11 models instead.

10. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

3 w/o navigation got JBL, 6 disc cd changer, 8 spkrs, satellite radio cap, bluetooth handsfree for phone.

3 w/ nav also got backup camera, 4 disc changer, BT music streaming, xm navtraff capable.

11. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's debatable, but I can tell you this ....

when turning up the volume on the non-JBL system, nothing much happens, no bass, doesn't 'crank' up. At least the JBL can get up and do something.

JBL does have a separate audio amplifier under passenger seat. Without that, it's weak sauce for sure.

If putting some pimped out audiophile system in this Prius, better do some serious sound proofing also.

12. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955 Sometime your just gotta cry! 2013 Prius 4.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would get the radio upgrade and bluetooth. It's the same price and like others have said...not much difference in mileage.:)
    Good luck on what ever you choose.

SCH-I535 ? 2